Stop use and consult a doctor immediately if pregnant, breastfeeding, mathematically illiterate, punctiliously observant of warning labels, or allergic to: opinionated rambling, historical linguistics, atrocious puns, Doctor/Master, dead Gallifrey jokes, or other potential irritants. May contain traces of wonder.
"Because it’s very hard to make a show about an omnipotent organization that can tap every cell phone in the world and make it sound like [they’re] an underdog. But the roots of S.H.I.E.L.D. and what S.H.I.E.L.D. stands for, protection—whether it’s of individuals or a country or the planet—is something that I think everyone can relate to." (x)
1. YES. YES IT IS VERY HARD. I WONDER WHY THAT IS. DID YOU EVER BOTHER TO WONDER WHY THAT IS?
2. “Protection” as an amorphous inherently noble goal sounds really fishy even when you’re not using it to justify an entire TV season’s worth of extrajudicial surveillance, detention, and killing.
oh god, I just sat down and watched like nine episodes of Agents of Shield (okay, okay, eight, I saw the pilot when it aired and didn’t re-watch it, but I’m up through episode 9 now)
thoughts so far:
- goddammit, at least Torchwood was entertainingly campy in both its terribleness and its screwy moral compass with respect to its parent universe
- that said, I am totally there for damaged people trying to move forward after horrible trauma, that is totally a thing I am interested in
- I want more details about what the fuck happened to Melinda May dammit
- oh no, Ward is hot—and no I have not been living under a rock and yes I have been spoilered, and is ‘tall, dark, and intensely fuckable’ just part of Hydra’s recruiting standards for their muscle or what
- not as hot as May though godDAMN take me now (and ah hah hah hah her little “that’s my secret I’m always angry” moment with the berserker staff fuuuuuuuuuuck)
- i don’t actually ship them. i totally should not be glad they were fucking. this is going NOWHERE GOOD and it’s going there fast. but ahahah damaged violent people having comfort sex AND that same Anvil of Dramatic Irony that gives pre-CA:TWS cap/rumlow fic its delicious nasty bite
- go away don’t look at me I’m crawling back to the dumpster where I belong
- “repairs” is a nice proper creepy episode, good job